In accordance with PIPA, Saplings:
- will not collect, use or disclose personal information without the consent of the individual (unless otherwise permitted under the Act).
- On or before collecting personal information about an individual from the individual, Saplings will disclose to the individual verbally or in writing the purposes for the collection and, on request, contact information.
- Saplings will only collect, use or disclose personal information for the purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances and that fulfill the purposes Saplings has disclosed or are otherwise permitted under the Act.
- will advise students, parents and employees what personal information is specifically being collected
- will be transparent about the use and disclosure of personal information
- will obtain consent for the collection, use and disclosure of personal information
- will only use and disclose the information in accordance with stated purposes
- will assign a staff member to act as “Privacy Officer”, responsible for creating and maintaining PIPA-specific policies and processes to be followed, including a process for responding to complaints about compliance with PIPA.
Personal information includes, but is not limited to a person’s name, address, birthdate, email address and phone number. Saplings does not collect any information other than that provided by a student’s family. Personal information collected will be used solely for the purpose for which it was collected. Saplings does not disclose information about any family or website visitor without consent unless required to do so by law enforcement or otherwise provided by law.